DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Pratt Nature Center’s summer camp will run from June 13th to August 26th, with staff training during the week of June 6th – 10th . Our goal is to teach children ages 4 – 14 through guided involvement in hands-on activities in a safe, positive and friendly atmosphere. We have 205 acres filled with a mountain, meadows, fields, woods, wetlands, gardens, farm animals, a river, and a pond, all providing for a wide range of fun and adventure! Counselors will have the opportunity to plan a variety of activities with their campers, including hikes up the mountain and in the river, nature-related arts and crafts, farming, fire and shelter-building, field games, exploration off-trail, and much more. There is no ‘typical’ day at the Pratt Center – we treat each one like a new adventure! Learn more about us at prattcenter.org.
– At least 18 years of age.
– Available Monday through Friday from 8:30 – 3:30, during the weeks of camp.
– Previous camp experience preferred; training is provided.
– Positive role model and desire to work with children.
– Strong communication skills.
– Ability to work independently, and with co-counselors.
– Must be responsible and have good decision making skills.
– Outdoor-related interests/skills including: Arts & Crafts, Birding, Botanizing, Gardening, Hiking, Music, Orienteering, Natural History, Primitive Survival Skills, Storytelling, Tracking
– Willingness to be outside all day, no matter the weather!!!!!!
– Enthusiasm for working with children, a sense of humor, flexibility and desire to have fun!
Certifications desired include:
First Aid and CPR (training will be provide for those who aren’t currently certified)
Wilderness First Aid/First Responder
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.
To apply for this position, please fill out our application form , and send it along with a resume and cover letter to:
Haley Neddermann, Camp Director
Call 860-355-3137 for more information.